Do you happen to have an old birdcage that you do not know what to do with? Don’t throw it away just yet!
If this is the case, you can easily turn it into a flower display that catches the attention of guests and family members. This is a DIY project that can be performed by anyone and requires minimal materials.
Materials and Tools
- Plastic or metal birdcage
- Container for the enclosure
- Floral foam for faux flowers
- Greenery, moss, twigs, rocks (optional)
- Fairy lights (optional)
- Depending on your desired result, you can spray paint the bird cage or leave it as it is. However, always clean it first before you start decorating.
- Grab your container and fit it inside the cage. Position it as desired.
- Fill the container with water and add cut flower stems into it if you are using freshly cut flowers. If you are using faux flowers, cut the floral foam to a suitable size and stick the faux greenery and flowers into it.
If you are using potted plants, you can simply place them inside on top of a plastic or glass plate to prevent leaks.
- If you have rocks, twigs, and artificial moss, add them to the bottom of the cage to make it look more natural.
- You can also add fairy lights around or in the cage for a more warm and dreamy look.
A bird cage with plants and flowers can be a dainty addition to any part of the house. It will certainly make any space seem brighter and livelier!